The Ecosystem Services Identification & Inventory Tool, or the ESII Tool, is an iPad app and web interface that lets people understand the benefits that nature provides and incorporate the value of nature into decision making.
With the information provided by the ESII Tool, you can:
- Identify, inventory, and understand ecosystem services on your site
- Help focus restoration efforts
- Optimize site layouts/designs for your business
- Run “what if?” scenarios
- Help minimize development related impacts
- Inform cost-benefit analyses when you are considering green infrastructure options, etc.
State-of-the-Art Analysis Tool
Using the ESII Field App, you can download mapping for your property, go into the field and collect spatially-explicit ecological data for your site. In the ESII Project Workspace, you can review and edit the data once you have returned from the field, run the ESII Tool’s ecological models, and generate results in a variety of user-friendly formats.